First published on: Mar 18, 2018 1:07 PM
In 2017, PWC Australia, KPMG Australia and Westpac were voted the top 3 companies where people wanted to work.
Employees were able to choose how, where and when they worked.
As more people look for jobs the ability to have flexibility is a major contributing factor when choosing your next employer.
So as a business what should you be doing to make it more flexible:
- Review your business and determine what is practical when implementing a flexible work strategy
- Think outside the box – look at adjustment of work hours, job sharing or office workspace
- Make it available to all. Flexible work shouldn’t just be for mums returning back from maternity leave.
- Trial the program in a department to identify any issues or concerns and rectify it before you roll it out.
- Develop a flexible work policy.
- Communicate policy to all staff in a meeting so everyone is aware of what the business is trying to achieve
So what may seem like a small perk, will enhance your reputation in the long run and will be key in attracting and retaining your talent.